27 Feb 2011

fb



A lot of people are on facebook. In my class everyone is on facebook except for one girl. We even have a group for our class (how weird is that discussting schoolstuff on facebook!?)! But that's not the weirdest thing.
You all know those people who are always online right? The people with the smartphones and the internet flat. They go online when they're taking the subway or the bus because in the subway your cell often doesn't work. But those are just the ones who are always online. That doesn't mean they really are online. Confusing?! Yes! I know 'cause I have an iPhone and when I got it I also got an internet flat so means when I was taking the train and my friends and I got bored and I just wanted too check something on facebook  I went online and checked out what I wanted to check out like some ridiculous picture of some really stupid kids with who I am friends with on facebook just because of I don't know why…? Then I close the app and do not log myself out because really if I would have to go online evrytime I want to check out something I wouldn't loose much time but I'm lazy so I stay online.
Now I put my phone back into my bag and totally forget about facebook 'till something reminds me of it again. 
But then there are the socialites on facebook, the real socialites. Those with the 500-900 friends. Facebook friends to be exact. (Is there actually a better name for these friends something short like ffs?) And you know what a guy I know actually said he knows all of his 480 and something facebook friends. How can you know so many people as friends?
 The girls who are in this facebook category usually have these great pictures where they absolutelly look stunning (btw often black and white so they look even better) kissing their bff on the chieks. Or those other pictures you can see all over facebook mostly on the profiles of 12-18 year olds with  girls dancing… And on these pictures these girls have also written lyrics from songs who are at that time to find in the mainstream session or not completed sentences like "having the best day…", "happiness", "dreams come true" or some cheap happy Valentin's day card quote.
 Really and this is my opinion but I think everyone who has invested a little bit of time in photography and art should know that a picture isn't a good picture if you have to write down what you want to say with that picture because that's what pictures are for.
 If a three year old kid and a teenager see the same picture of two girls laughing then they both know what this picture is about. Or let's take an italian girl and an american girl. They both speak only their mother tongue and could read a poem by Heinrich Heine ( a german poet and writer) and wouldn't understand a word. But if they both would look at a photo by Karl Lagerfeld they'd both know what it's about (unless they're blind but then we could try this experiment with music).
Actually facebook is full of ridiculous people who pretend to love to take pictures and photography but know exactly that much as a monkey. Cause give a monkey a camera and show it where to click and it'll take a picture. And if monkeys could write they'd do exactly what all those girls do on facebook. Writing  on their pictures with photoshop what the picture has to say.

Hello facebook monkeys



4 comments:

  1. NO soy una fan de facebook en lo absoluto, de hecho sólo me hice una cuenta por mi blog y en la vida real me mantengo muy alejada de ese tipo de redes sociales.
    Me gustó el post y tu punto de vista :)

    nos vemos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...a picture isn't a good picture if you have to write down what you want to say with that picture because that's what pictures are for."
    this is so true!
    I have to say that I'm not a fan of facebook. I deleted (or "deactivated") my account last week. Everyone is talking about facebook. "Did you see my post on facebook?", "Did you see my picture on facebook?", "Did you see my invitation on facebook?", "Why don't you answer me on facebook?"... It's like EVERYONE and every f*cking company advertise on facebook. It's so annoying!
    I just don't want to be connected with he hole world on facebook. Call me fuddy-duddy but I'm off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your writing! Thanks for your comment xo

    glamourcube.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about facebook. and the photos illustrations are perfectly significant.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be honest here.